73 St Luke’s Road, Oxford, OX4 3JF
210 Lafayette St, New York, New York, 10012
Contact:- UK: +44 (0) 777 571 3363 US: +1 718 316 3359 Email Skype: andireiss
Andi Reiss is a freelance filmmaker; producer, director, video artist, video journalist and educator living and working in Oxford, with a studio in Manhattan. With fifteen years of independent documentary and factual content experience, he has made some festival award winning films and is currently an associate lecturer at Bucks New University and at Film Oxford. He also has much experience of producing commercials and promotional material. He served on the Committee of the Directors Guild between 2004 and 2010 and is a Trustee for Oxfordshire Mind.
- Andi Reiss PLI E0536918
- Please feel free to look at the catalogue of work on Vimeo
Education: Masters (with Distinction) in 21st Century Media Practice
As a self shooting producer/director and videographer the world is full of interesting stories and Andi loves to be just one of the many to tell them, thriving on both the creative and technical aspects of production. He is confident shooting on most standard industry equipment (F55, FS7, C300, Movi, PMW200-300, XF305, 5D etc) to a broadcast level, and also on high grade cinematic lenses and in 4K.
As a writer and researcher he loves the unrelenting pursuit of something unique and has a strong mixed methodology of extensive background research.
As a producer he is versatile with a range of skills including finance development, proposal writing, production management, casting, location management, storyboarding, budgeting and scheduling,
As an editor he has ten years experience of working independently but collaborates well with others, and has studios with Avid, Adobe Creative Suite, Da Vinci Resolve, Audition and all graphics software. He works closely with creative directors, art directors, writers, producers and filmmakers to ensure creative expectations are met, following established editing workflows, standards and project structure.
As an artist, he paints, designs online graphics and doodles cartoons and caricatures.
As an educator, he loves sharing his knowledge and experience with aspiring talent.
Andi has Public Liability up to £5,000,000 and Professional Indemnity up to £1,000,000, and a clean, 2019 DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check certificate can be viewed online upon request.
- Self-Shooting documentary production; short and long form.
- Multi-channel installation.
- Producing; budgeting and scheduling.
- Brainstorming; writing treatments and pitches.
- Cinematography, camera operating and immersive videography.
- Editing; Avid, Premiere Pro, FCP, After FX, Da Vinci Resolve etc
- Interviewing; getting people to relax, open-up, be authentic and communicate.
- Corporate Visual Communications; script to screen management
- Marketing; products, services, festivals, television channels & programmes.
- Graphic design.
- Making Promos; on-air/off-air campaigns, launches,brand work.
- Behind The Scenes Videography.
- Crowdfunding Campaigns.
- Lecturing at Undergraduate Level; film production, finance and distribution.
- Performance painting, cartoons and caricatures
- a keen eye for detail and a critical mind.
- creativity and a passionate interest in film and video editing.
- patience and concentration.
- the ability to listen to others and to work well as part of a team.
- a high level of self-motivation, commitment and dedication.
- organisational and time management skills.
- producing and directing skills through supervising teams both large and small.
- a strong knowledge of film and art culture.
- an experienced understanding of maximising a production within budget and schedule.
- Development Producer for Catharsis – The Ayahuasca Experiment documentary.
- Creative Director for Kris Sorbie NYC, creating online content and video variants.
- Course Writer for The Oxford Royale Academy.
- Photographer for The Oxford Institute Summer Schools.
- Numerous Corporate and Educational videos.
- Numerous Caricature events.
Multi Channel Video Installation and Experimental Campaigns
- 2018 Producer/Director/DP/Editor (Multi Channel Video Installation) ‘ A World Apart.
- 2018 Producer/Director/DP/Editor ‘Video Variants’ – series of experimental projections and short twin screen installations.
- 2018 Creative Director for Kris Sorbie NYC – creating a series of short campaigns:-
- 2018 Producer/Director/Editor – ‘Soundscape’
- 2018 Director/DP/Editor (Feature Doc) ‘Endgame’ YME
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/222421043
- 2017 Director/DP/Editor (Short Doc) ’Sacrificial Virgins’ Meditel Productions
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/208478319
- 2017 Director/DP/Editor (Short Doc) ’PW – Censored’ Meditel Productions
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/208478319
- 2017 Director/DP/Editor (Short Doc) ’PW – Testing Times’ Meditel Productions
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/207097984
- 2016 Producer/Director/Camera Op/Editor (Short Doc) ’Oil in Our Waters’ YME
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/180330177
- 2016 Producer/Edit Producer/Writer (Feature Doc) ‘Humanity’s Heart
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/195306808
- 2016 Producer/Director/Camera Op/Editor (Short Doc) The Robotic Surgeon’ YME
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/159775126
- 2015 Producer/Director/Camera Op/Editor (Short Doc) Building A New Helsinki Autor
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/130313573 (award winning festival film)
- 2014 – 2015 Producer/Director/Camera Op/Editor (Feature Doc) Silhouette Secrets The Roving Artist
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/73028649 (award winning festival film)
- 2011 – 2014 Producer/Director/Camera Op/Editor (Feature Doc) Positively False IRF
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/40364367 (award winning festival film)
- 2011 – 2013 Producer/Director/Camera Op/Editor (Feature Doc) Homecoming YME
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/118595175 (award winning festival film)
- 2013 Producer/Director/Camera Op/Editor Film (Feature Doc) Positive Hell IRF
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/95802046 (award winning festival film including Social Impact Award at Queens IFF, 2017)
- 2012 Producer/Director/Camera Op/Editor Film (Short Doc) Amazing Grace YME
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/34889724 (award winning festival film)
- 2012 Producer/Director/Camera Op/Editor Film (TV Doc) RCHM
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/61357248
- 2012 Producer/Director/Camera Op/Editor (Short Doc) Lost Boyz – Dark Side Of Graffiti
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/152083110
Commercial and Corporate (as Producer, Line Producer and Director)
- Barnardo’s – https://vimeo.com/34741492
- Michelin – https://vimeo.com/44927541
- Visit London – https://vimeo.com/34749240
- Caritas – https://vimeo.com/34580930
- Learning Difficulties – https://vimeo.com/34330576
- World Water – https://vimeo.com/34268088
- Midcom – https://vimeo.com/162886298
- Aviva – https://vimeo.com/146888700
- YPO London – https://vimeo.com/70696532
- Uni Ghent – https://vimeo.com/61912689
- Save The Children – https://vimeo.com/56196979
- SMR – https://vimeo.com/41037049
- Maybelline – https://vimeo.com/38915676
- Visit Scotland – https://vimeo.com/38018571
- Fair Trade – https://vimeo.com/38565658
- Hong Kong Tourist Board – https://vimeo.com/35892564
- Maltese Tourist Board – https://vimeo.com/70553233
Agency Assignments (as Creative Director)
- 2012 – 2013 Creative Director for Resolution Productions in Qatar (6 months)
- 2012 – 2013 Creative Director/Producer/Writer for Fashion One in The Philippines (6 months)
Behind The Scenes Videography
Audio Motion – https://vimeo.com/173048267
- Embryonic Dreams – https://vimeo.com/34554787
- Walking On Air – https://vimeo.com/105172415
- Magnetoristance – https://vimeo.com/88199127
- Oil Experimantal – https://vimeo.com/158975176Live Events – Producer/Director/Cinematographer/Editor
- Linked In – https://vimeo.com/114692816
- Status London Premiere – https://vimeo.com/112203050
- Bruno Zamborlin and Plaid Live At The Roundhouse – https://vimeo.com/104129115
- 2004 Director/Producer/Writer Film (Feature) Cargo YME
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/34307483 (award winning festival film)
- 2012 Producer/Editor Film (Short) The Obit Woman YME
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/34580601
- 2009 Producer/Editor Film (Short) Becca MR/YME
- 2009 Producer/Editor Film (Short) Into The Sunshine
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/105371031
- 2005 Director/Producer/Editor Film (Short) Little Angels
- View trailer at:- https://vimeo.com/34373874
- Selected Screenplays – https://andireiss.wordpress.com/biog/writing/
Associate Lecturer at: SAE, Oxford & London and London Academy of Media, Film and TV
“Andi Reiss is a filmmaker with a brave and brittle voice, appealing to something beyond the obvious.” James Christopher, ‘The Times’ (2010)
“Andi has that unique interviewer’s ability to help me say what I really wanted to say, in ways that I could never have imagined saying it.” Charles Burns, Silhouette Secrets, (2015)
“Andi Reiss is a polymath; a multi-talented creative filmmaker with expert knowledge in business. I have worked closely with Andi over the past 4 years, and in 2013 he and I co-produced a 90 minute documentary which won several awards at international film festivals. We have more recently made a half hour documentary which has won two film festival awards and been selected for screening by the Queens World Film Festival, New York, in March 2017. Andi is a highly skilled cameraperson and editor. He has also had extensive experience of teaching students. He is creative and artistic. He is an ideal candidate for a faculty that combines Design and Media Management. Andi Reiss’s artistic training and abilities combined with his organisational skills would make an important contribution to the production company or high education establishment. I would recommend him highly as a creative and motivated team member.”
Joan Shenton, Director – Meditel Productions (2017)
“I have known Andi Reiss since 2001, both as a friend and, since 2002-2004 , as a work colleague on the feature film Cargo, which Andi directed , and which was produced in 2004. We were co-sceenwriters of the film’s adapted screenplay, and I was also executive producer. Andi is a highly knowledgeable, resourceful, and hardworking filmmaker, with over 15 years’ experience in all areas of the film industry. He also has an aptitude for , and proven skills in, critical appraisal, research ,and writing. In addition, he taught for seven years , on a part-time basis, on a BA degree programme for the SAE film school in Oxford. I have no doubt that he would bring these areas of expertise, experience, commitment, and skill to making films and/or teaching, and for all these reasons I am pleased to support his application in the strongest terms.”
Dr. Tudor Jones.
Hon. Research Fellow in History of Political Thought, Coventry University.
Tutor in Political History, Dept. for Continuing Education, University of Oxford. (2017)
“Andi is an inspirational teacher and practitioner with an infectious enthusiasm for what he does. He is generous with his encouragement and with his helpful tips for those starting out and he is a great storyteller”.
Victoria Bentata, Film Oxford.
“I was taught by Andi Reiss for two years at SAE, Oxford, and he inspires creativity in so many areas of filmmaking; from screenwriting to cinematography, directing actors, documentary making, producing, budgeting, production management, editing, colour grading, film festivals, sales and distribution. He also has considerable knowledge of the history of film and television. I can honestly say my skills and technical knowledge at University have come on leaps and bounds under Andi’s tuition.”
Keith Hoult, Former, SAE Student, 2015
“You assume every lecturer to have the same views and restrictions, but Andi enabled me to get a 2:1 when I was convinced I couldn’t even pass. He is not just a great lecturer, but a no nonsense, professional filmmaker and a friend. I wish I had known him academically for longer.”
Taylor Papworth, Former SAE Student, 2015
Other referees available upon request.